Visit Manufacturer’s Site to see more
In mid-19th century Antonio Salviati, a lawyer in love with the mythical lagoon city, decided to revitalize the Venetian glass industry that was overshadowed by both English and Bohemian glass. In the 1859 he founded the «Salviati Dott. Antonio fu Bartolomeo», in Sestiere Dorsoduro 731. Supported by Lorenzo Radi and with the artistic direction of Enrico Pondio, the company developed a new method of making mosaic with glass, which rapidly reached great success in European courts and capitals before spreading in America and Asia. Made by Salviati were the mosaic tesserae used for decorating the St. Paul Cathedral dome and the Hall of the House of Parlament in London, the Opera Theatre in Paris and many others.